Expert functional capacity evaluation and pre-screening
Pre-employment screening and functional capacity assessment are two closely linked and indispensable occupational health procedures. At Fitcare Health in Sydney our physiotherapists and exercise physiologists are highly experienced in both, ensuring that your employees are ideally suited to their designated duties, both pre- and during employment.
Functional capacity assessments
Fitcare Health’s expert functional capacity evaluations (FCEs) are a series of objective, standardised tests used to determine a worker’s physical capabilities and fitness for work.
You’ll find them extremely valuable when it comes to assessing an employee’s physical competencies after a long absence, regardless of whether an injury was involved. They’re also very useful in gathering information about a worker’s physical demands and functional abilities on the job.
Further benefits of our functional capacity evaluations include:
• The fact that we can devise specific, customised return to work programs, tailored both to the needs of your individual workers and your business
• Providing observations about inappropriate or incorrect techniques or manual handling skills, and injury-saving recommendations to rectify them
• Improving your relationships with employees through mutual understanding of best work practices and expectations.
Pre-employment screenings are becoming vital tools in ensuring that your prospective workers are physically suited to safely carry out their work roles. They form the foundations of your all-important injury prevention plan.
Benefits of Fitcare Health’s expert pre-screening assessments include:
• Reducing costs, in terms of hiring efficiency, skills-appropriate wage scaling and lessening of claims from injuries and rehabilitation
• Reducing potential injuries
• Pinpointing poor functional techniques, so that they can be corrected immediately work starts, greatly reducing the risk of injury
• Identifying appropriate support and management strategies for individuals with specific functional deficits and needs, to help optimise their physical and mental capacity on the job